lundi 18 avril 2016

Ruger 10/22 Receiver Dimension Request

So I whittled myself a 10/22ish receiver, was planning on using the stock iron sights for back ups. The 80% I used has a built-in rail (are there any that don't?) that blocks the factory sights.

I don't want to put on some high-rise sights, mainly because I'm cheap but also because I don't want a big honkin' projecting front sight to snag on everything in the area and possibly put out the eyes of unsuspecting children. I'm planning on cutting a u-groove down the center of the rail, I figure it can be wide enough to use the sights but still have plenty of meat to support an optic.

Can somebody measure the thickness of the top of a factory 10/22 receiver to give me an idea how much material I can safely take off, or does anybody know the proper spec? I'd guess that I could go pretty thin w/o probs since it's only a .22, but I wanted to stay with factory specs just to be on the safe side.

__________________
I meant, it is my opinion that...

I do believe that where there is a choice only between cowardice and violence
I would advise violence. - M. Gandhi
You're my kind of stupid. - M. Reynolds

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Ruger 10/22 Receiver Dimension Request

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire