mercredi 20 avril 2016

Scar 16/17 upgrade thread

Since acquiring my Scar, in Calguns fashion already obsessed with researching upgrades for her. It already came with a Geisselle super scar trigger, GG&G angled CH, and Sure Ergo grip. Since them I added a Magpul AFG2 angled foregrip, my DIY Kydex grip wrap, removed the Radlock, GG&G flashlight mount.

Trigger- Some don't mind the heavier, grittier, stock trigger. Most change it to a Gesseille super scar two stage trigger or Timney single stage trigger. Seems the more popular is the Gesseille.

Billet lower- As far as upgrading the lower, I don't see the need to especially since I just purchased 8 10/20 FDE mags. I know Stryker has two versions of their billet lowers, one that retains use of factory mags, the other that works with all the .308 mags. Handldefense has their a couple of their own version of this, one made from a block of magnesium, the other in 7075-T6 aluminum.

Buttstock- I see this rifle's stock get alot of criticism with the original stock. One is of only pure aesthetics replicating the shape an "Ugg boot". I personally think it is part of this rifle's signature. As far as function, I think for the limited time I've shouldered it, seems to be pretty good. Folding stock is irrelevant in CA since the feature has to disabled. The telescoping feature is one that once you set it to you LOP it really doesn't need to be adjusted unless you let someone else shoot it, then they may have to adjust it to their LOP. I like the single height cheek weld adjustment and that it has a notch for the rear folding iron sight.

Forend / handguard- Depending on what your shooting style is the original forend with picatinny rail system is too short to grip the handguard with your weak hand as far forward as possible to control the muzzle end. So most will invest in an extended forend. Also to place some rail mounted accessories far forward.


Last edited by CAGLS; 04-19-2016 at 10:56 PM..

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Scar 16/17 upgrade thread

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire