jeudi 14 avril 2016

Warning from Windows that my hard drive is about to go belly up - legit or virus?

Got a pop up dialog box the other day purportedly from Windows 10 warning that my hard drive ( C: ) is about to go belly up. Gave me a couple options including starting the backup immediately. This is my system / program drive. I have all my data on another SSD and backed up on an old school winchester drive.

I ran disk diagnostics and it said the drive (a 512GB SSD) was healthy. I ran a SMART utility and it said the drive has used up 89% of its life. It's almost 2 years old. I ordered a 1TB replacement SSD from Amazon as a spare just in case.

I was surfing Alibaba.com looking to buy a pallet of cheap Chinese ham radio gear when this happened. Could it be a virus or trojan?

-Mark

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Warning from Windows that my hard drive is about to go belly up - legit or virus?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire